Carol O’Dowd, MPA, MDIV, MI
International Speaker and Workshop Facilitator
Carol is a dynamic and inspiring speaker for your organization. She speaks from the heart on a broad range of topics and draws from a lifetime of experience in public administration, consulting, counseling, and as a Buddhist priest. She has decades of experience speaking to groups from 25 to 1,000, from the US to Thailand and Indonesia, to name a few. Carol is a reliable speaker that adapts to the needs of your organization. Carol has spoken to a diverse range of organizations, including professional associations, government agencies, departments of corrections, religious groups, and community organizations.
If your organization needs a keynote speaker, give us a call with your program’s needs.
Carol is also an experienced workshop facilitator. Workshops range in size from 15 to 100 or more and can be tailored to the needs of your organization. Lively interaction and engagement with workshop participants will make your event a success. We expect the workshop organizer to provide the audience and venue. Workshops may be a one-time event or a series of events over a period of months to facilitate a process. Carol has received many awards for facilitating public processes that inspired and motivated individuals and groups to action.
Speaking and Workshop Options
Carol’s services include speaking, counseling, seminars, webinars, workshops, coaching, and training.
Call Carol at (720) 244-2299 or email at email@example.com for more information.
- Wellness and Mindfulness Training
- Stress Management
- Goal Setting
- Life Skills
- Finding Compassion In Daily Life
- Spiritual Growth
- Loved Ones Of The Incarcerated
- “Sharpen Your Skills on the Daily Grind”
- “Managing Stress in the Midst of Chaos”
- “Setting Intention, Achieving Results”
- “Finding More Inside the Box”
- “Transforming Goals Into Reality”
- “Setting Goals that Generate Accomplishments”
- “Tapping Seen and Unseen Blessings in Life”
- “Maximize Opportunities With Deep Listening”
- “Getting Beyond Advocacy and Fear” (for organizations – training in how to build partnerships)
- “Managing Public Processes to Achieve Results” (for organizations)
Education / Certifications
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy Colorado School for Family Therapy 2012
- Certificate in Family Mediation, Colorado School for Family Therapy 2011
- Certified Nikan/Morita Instructor, TōDō Institute, Monkton, Vermont 2010
- Kaikyoshi 2012, Kyoshi, 2007 Tokudo 2003 Hongwanji-ha, Kyoto Japan
- Masters of Divinity, Naropa University 2006
- Certified Mindfulness Instructor, Naropa University 2005
- 2 units of Clinical Pastoral Education, Samaritan Counseling 2004 -2005
- Summer Seminar and online courses, Institute of Buddhist Studies 2001, 2004
- Executive Leadership Seminars, (Menninger 1999; Aspen Institute 1990; University of Colorado 1989)
- Masters in Public Administration, Florida State University 1975
- Bachelors in Psychology and Sociology, University of South Florida 1973