Want Us To Contact You?
About the Therapist
MPA, MDiv, MI, CAS
Carol combines western and eastern approaches to guide individuals and groups to deal effectively with change, and manage success. For the past 15 years, she has led workshops and retreats in the United States, Thailand, and Indonesia. She is frequently invited back as a speaker. She blends her training and experience in public administration as a former city manager with her spiritual training in Japan to be ordained as a Buddhist priest. She has supplemented her degrees with certifications in Japanese Psychology, Applied Existential Psychotherapy, and Mindfulness Instruction to support her work as a Psychotherapist. Combining Eastern and Western views, she offers mindfulness and awareness training for dealing with stress, being productive, and discovering freedom and happiness.
Her workshops, talks, and the book she is writing focus on how to find freedom and escape from prisons, including the ones we create for ourselves.
Carol spent time in Indonesia offering talks to non-profits (Yayasans), leading mindfulness classes, and providing counseling in the Kerobokan Prison. She is exploring ways to provide support to the loved ones of those incarcerated. Carol is planning the publication of her book, Walking Through Walls.
Education and Certifications
- Colorado State Registration No. NLC.0009329
- CAS, State of Colorado, 2014, No. ACC.0020825
- Master’s of Divinity, Naropa University, 2006
- Certified Mindfulness Instructor, Naropa University, 2005
- Master’s in Public Administration, Florida State University, 1975
- Bachelor’s in Psychology and Sociology, University of South Florida, 1973
- Applied Existential Group Therapy III – Boulder Psychotherapy Institute 2021
- Jungian Sandplay Therapy I – Colorado School for Family Therapy 2020
- Workshop – Brain to Brain, Body to Body: The Interpersonal Nature of Shame, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, 2019
- Courses: Fundamentals of Horticultural Therapy, 2016; Horticultural Therapy Techniques, 2017
- Courses: Individual, Couples and Group Training, Boulder Psychotherapy Institute, 2015 – 2017
- Coursework in Dependency Counseling, Family Mediation, 2013, 2014
- Family Mediation Class, Colorado School for Family Therapy, 2011
- Body-Centered Psychotherapy Class, Colorado School for Family Therapy, 2011
- Summer Seminar and online courses, Institute of Buddhist Studies, 2001, 2004
- Executive Leadership Seminars, (Menninger, 1999; Aspen Institute, 1990; University of Colorado, 1989)
- Coursework in Japanese Methods of Psychology, The ToDo Institute, 2010
Click below to request a free 20-minute consultation.